Photo: LEAP-DEL Jobs Fair at Crumlin Road Gaol
LEAP is a North Belfast Partnership employability project in operation under European Social Funding since 2008 helping people into work by matching candidates to roles. It is funded by the European Social Fund and the Department for Social Development. It connects employers with motivated job seekers and economically inactive people. Anyone unemployed in Belfast is eligible for referral to LEAP. They do so voluntarily. LEAP gets referrals from community and citywide employability providers and is a value added service to established services, dealing primarily with entry level and semi-skilled posts in any sector.
What is the Local Employment Access Partnership?
LEAP works to reduce barriers to employment and increase access to jobs for unemployed and economically inactive residents of North Belfast. LEAP's main aim is to address issues of disadvantage and social exclusion through employability.
LEAP also acts as a link with employability initiatives in the South, East and West of the city, integral to its strategic citywide approach.
LEAP seeks to innovate pre-employment support programmes with an employer focus for people most distanced from the current labour market. Pre-employment courses are designed with employers to meet the skills needs for job vacancies whilst working with job seekers from North Belfast.
LEAP’s service consists of:
- Referral service - gains clients through community/employability networks and self-referral
- Refers clients onto employers or other providers if necessary
- LEAP can work with anyone who is unemployed /economically inactivity
- LEAP deals primarily with entry level and semi-skilled posts in any sector
- Connects employers with job seekers from North Belfast and across the city
- Seeks work through employer engagement – CV referrals/application completion for clients
- Proactive marketing of CV’s and promotion of clients to employers
- Hard and Soft skills ‘Training / Education Needs Analysis’ and signposting
- Online Job searches
- CV support and guidance
- Pre-employment programmes
- Signposting to essential skills training
- Mock interviews and feedback
- Guidance on using other support-services – referrals to EGSA, Careers Service and other providers
- Post-placement support
LEAP Contacts: Brian Maguire – LEAP Co-ordinator & Turlough McAleenan - Employment Liaison Officer
Priority Groups for LEAP
NEETS (aged 18–25 not in employment, education or training)
People with disability/health conditions
Lone parents/caring responsibilities
People with low/no qualifications
For more information on employability or pre-employment courses contact LEAP on (028) 9075 2990 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
North Belfast Partnership,
North City Business Centre,
2 Duncairn Gardens,