About the programme
The Smarter Procurement Programme is an innovative programme aimed at helping small businesses and social enterprises identify and take advantage of new sales opportunities in the public and private sectors.
Through this programme participants discover how to identify procurement opportunities and will develop the skills required to construct tender bids more effectively.
What will the programme do for you?
The programme will start in January 2014 and combines four elements:
· Tender audit: At the beginning of the programme you will complete a tender audit with an experienced consultant to evaluate your readiness to enter into the procurement process and identify areas for improvement.
· Tender workshops: The programme will provide six half day interactive procurement workshops focusing upon developing your knowledge of and ability to respond to upcoming opportunities.
· Individual business mentoring: You will be allocated an experienced business mentor at the start of the programme for a minimum of three days of mentoring to support your business to practically improve your approach to tendering.
· Specialist tender prospecting support: Your mentor will help you to identify and schedule sales meetings with potential buyers in the public sector. It is expected a minimum of three meetings will be scheduled.
Who should take part?
To be eligible you must:
· Be a small business or social enterprise based in the Belfast City Council area with less than 20 employees.
· Have limited or no experience of public sector procurement.
Please note that Invest Northern Ireland client companies and retail businesses may not be eligible for this programme.
How much does it cost?
We are investing heavily in this programme to support participating businesses to maximise growth opportunities. The cost is only £100 + VAT (per participant).
Find out more about this programme
To request an application form or discuss any aspect of this programme please contact:
Telephone: 02890 500 518
Telephone: 02893 362 029
Closing date for applications is Friday 17 January 2014.